Director of Partnerships and Community Engagements
Organization Description: NASH’s mission is to ensure that survivors of domestic and sexual violence have a full range of safe housing options, through improved access, increased resources, and innovative solutions, ultimately catalyzing a safe housing movement. Our vision is to create a world where safe housing and racial justice is a human right shared by everyone.
Report to: CEO
Responsibilities: Design and implement community-specific, survivor-driven, technical assistance and support to state and local jurisdictions seeking to increase safe housing access for survivors. Responsible for engaging with communities, developing and designing community-specific assessments, pilot-projects and interventions to support the implementation of safe housing best practices.
• Work with community stakeholders and NASH staff to identify and respond to housing access barriers for survivors, including: Coordinating the development and implementation of a community assessments; Analyzing assessment data; Generating detailed reports; and, Developing strategies for addressing a wide range of systemic gaps in collaboration with stakeholders and program partners;
• Provide technical assistance and training to programs, communities, states and federal partners on safe housing-related topics including the planning, development and implementation of survivor-centered housing models and service delivery;
• Collaborate with subject matter experts and partners to deliver webinar trainings and develop FAQs, toolkits and issue briefs on safe housing-related topics;
• Present at state and national conferences on innovative safe housing practices, funding opportunities and model programs;
• Collaborate with research partners to conduct outcome evaluations of the implementation of community-wide safe housing innovations;
• In partnership with Domestic Violence and Housing TA Consortium (DVHTAC) members, respond to training and TA needs of federal partners and agencies, including the development of educational materials and training;
• Respond to individual TA and training needs from state and local advocates and providers through phone and email engagements and facilitate peer-to-peer learning opportunities for community advocates to share strategies;
• Work with states, communities and programs to develop flexible funding projects to support survivors economic and housing stability through the provision of intensive training and technical assistance;
• Work with NASH staff to generate new training and TA opportunities through outreach and engagement with advocates and providers at the state and local level, including supporting the development and evaluation of DV-Homeless Coalitions/Taskforces, implementation of innovative safe housing practices, exploration of DV-specific assessment and placement protocols, and assistance with strategic planning; and
• Work with CEO and NASH staff to develop and implement NASH strategic plan and vision.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Have at least 5+ years’ experience working in the fields of domestic violence or related social services and bachelor’s degree in social work or related field. Lived experience with domestic violence and/or housing insecurity will be considered equally to professional and educational experience; Strong communication skills, including writing skills and public speaking; Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail; Sound judgment and personal integrity; Strong project management skills and group facilitation skills; Demonstrated commitment to centering racial equity in all work products, communications, relationships, and personal and professional development; Ability to work with a broad range of people; and, Ability and willingness to travel.This position is 100% remote work – candidate must be capable of working remotely, be able to set priorities for work and be self-motivated to complete tasks, and must be comfortable collaborating with staff and project partners remotely as well.
Starting Salary is $80,000/year.
To apply: Please send resumes to email@example.com.