These unprecedented times have created a housing crisis, with a wave of evictions predicted to occur after the moratoria and CARES Act support expires. The Domestic Violence and Housing TA Consortium (DVHTAC) has compiled the resources below to help.
*These resources are being updated regularly. Last update 9/15/20*
CDC Eviction Moratorium (Live 9/4/20)
On September 1st, the CDC announced a national eviction moratorium to take place from September 4th through December 31, 2020. The following resources have additional information and context about the CDC Eviction Moratorium.
- Official notice: https://www.
federalregister.gov/documents/ 2020/09/04/2020-19654/ temporary-halt-in-residential- evictions-to-prevent-the- further-spread-of-covid-19
- CDC Fact Sheets
- NHLP Fact Sheet: https://www.nhlp.org/
- NLIHC/NHLP FAQ: https://www.nhlp.org/wp-
- Declaration for tenants to sign:
- English: https://www.cdc.gov/
- Spanish (thanks to Lone Star Legal Aid): https://www.nhlp.org/wp-
- Vietnamese (Lone Star Legal Aid): https://www.nhlp.org/wp-
- NHLP Legal Analysis: https://www.nhlp.
- Comparison of CDC vs. state level moratoria
- Eviction Lab’s Database of State and Local Eviction Moratoriums
- Regional Housing Legal Services’ Eviction Moratorium Maps
- National Low Income Housing Coalition’s Searchable Database/Map of Multifamily Properties Subject to Federal Eviction Moratoriums
- NHLP: End of the CARES Act Moratorium: mini-moratoriums, 30 day notice and eviction legal strategy in the pandemic webinar
Additional COVID Policy
General Legal Protections
- National Coalition for a Civil Right to Counsel
- Stout’s Eviction Right to Counsel Resources
- National Housing Law Project’s Campaign, Protecting Renter and Homeowner Rights During Our National Health Crisis
- National Low Income Housing Coalition’s List of COVID-19 State and Local Rental Assistance Programs
- National Alliance for Safe Housing and National Housing Law Project, Q&A for Housing Providers Working with Survivors of Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Eviction Prevention and Stability Toolkit
- Office of Public and Indian Housing COVID-19 Eviction Prevention and Stability Toolkit
- Office of Multifamily, Promoting Housing Stability During the COVID-19 National Emergency: Information for Multifamily Property Owners and Management Agents
- Office of Multifamily Housing Programs’ Addressing Tenant Concerns During the COVID-19 National Emergency